Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

FANTASTIC FISH PIE (inspired by Jamie Oliver)

Great day everyone! I'm being inspired today, guess what? hmmm yummy!

Baking a dish is one of my favorite cooking method at the moment. I grew up in a poor family and we couldn't afford to buy stuffs for baking particularly oven so learning to bake is a tough job for me even for simple dishes. But then, I urge myself to learn different ways of cooking other than usual cooking which I learned from my mom; a good passion to pass on to my kids.

Today's recipe is a fantastic fish pie inspired by Jamie Oliver, one of my favorite chef for his simple yet savoury recipes, always quick and easy to learn. My employers are British-Chinese family and so some Western recipe ingredients are always on the cupboards so I just bought the main ingredients like fish and some sort of vegetables.

Here's how I made...

INGREDIENTS:

300g cod or haddock fish (cut into cubes and season with salt and pepper

200 ml double cream

300g potatoes (peeled,boiled and mashed with 2 tbsp of butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add a dash of ground nutmeg-optional)

1/2 chopped onions

1 pc. carrot (cut into cubes)

a handful of brocolli florets

1 boiled egg (chopped)

1 tbsp lemon juice

2 tbsp grated parmesan or matured cheese

1 tsp yellow mustard

PROCEDURE:

1. Saute' onions until golden brown, add carrots, and cook for 5 mins.

2. Pour the double cream, turn off heat and add lemon juice, yellow mustard and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.

3. Transfer to a small baking dish. Arrange the fish, brocolli florets and chopped egg.

4. Spread the mashed potato on top until all ingredients are covered. Bake at 180°C for 20 mins.

Note: keep the mashed potatoes warm or hot because it is easier to spread than cold.

yeild : 2-3 servings

Thank you so much guys, Bake for your family now...Take care and I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment